TROY recognizes parents as vital partners in the college search process and as "family members" once a student is enrolled. Here are few guidelines that may be useful to you as your student transitions to TROY:
- The college selection process signifies a milestone in your
student's life; we suggest you play a great supporting role,
not a leading role.
- Familiarize yourself with admission and financial aid
requirements as well as academic majors offered at TROY.
- Avoid using "we" when referring to your student's
application and enrollment process.
- Encourage a minimum of one visit (to include you)
to campus. Be sure to include any special requests
you may have as part of the visit. Schedule a visit now.
- Remind yourself that "fit" is the decisive factor in
college choice and that it is the student who best
- Attend the parent session of IMPACT (new student
- Release of Student Information Form
- Student Consent Form